~ 'A Love of Learning for Life and for All' ~
Ranby C.E. Primary School caters for the whole of the primary age range for children aged three to eleven years old, the majority transfer to The Elizabethan Academy School, Retford.
The school is administered by a Governing Body who:
- are responsible for the provision of a primary education for the children;
- in agreement with the Local Authority (LA) determine the general educational character of the school;
- are responsible for the Health and Safety of the school;
- in consultation with the head teacher, determine the general direction of the conduct and curriculum of the school;
- are responsible for the appointment and general professional conduct of the staff;
- are responsible for the budget that is delegated to the school;
- are responsible for repairs and maintenance to the interior of the building. (The exterior structure of the school is still the responsibility of the LA);
- in consultation with the head teacher, are responsible for the purchasing of books and other equipment;
Declarations of Business and Financial Interests
There are no declarations for 2022/2023
Attendance Rates for all Governors is good
The Governing Body meets formally once a term
All parents have the right to read the minutes of the Governing Body meetings (apart from those deemed to be confidential) once they have been approved
There are also various committees within the Governing Body
Pupils and Personnel
Finance and General Purposes
All governors sit on all committees
The Clerk to the Governing Body
Area Education Office
We have two dedicated finance governors Mr I Bates & Mr D Gittins who attend budget meetings with the head teacher and local authority finance officer.
In the event of a complaint or discipline where an appeals panel may be required, governors will be nominated.
Associate members do not have voting rights, however their opinions are greatly valued.
Some telephone numbers you may find useful: -
County Hall: 0115 9823823
Area Education Office: 01623 433433
Police Contact: 01909 500999
Bassetlaw District Hospital: 01909 500990
The Elizabethan Academy School: 01777 713700