~ 'A Love of Learning for Life and for All' ~
Ranby C.E. Primary School caters for the whole of the primary age range for children aged three to eleven years old, when the majority transfer to The Elizabethan Academy School, Retford.
The school is administered by a Governing Body who:
- are responsible for the provision of a primary education for the children;
- in agreement with the Local Authority (LA) determine the general educational character of the school;
- are responsible for the Health and Safety of the school;
- in consultation with the head teacher, determine the general direction of the conduct and curriculum of the school;
- are responsible for the appointment and general professional conduct of the staff;
- are responsible for the budget that is delegated to the school;
- are responsible for repairs and maintenance to the interior of the building. (The exterior structure of the school is still the responsibility of the LA);
- in consultation with the head teacher, are responsible for the purchasing of books and other equipment;
The Governing Body meets formally once a term.
All parents have the right to read the minutes of the Governing Body meetings (apart from those deemed to be confidential) once they have been approved.
There are also various committees within the Governing Body.
Pupils and Personnel
Finance and General Purposes
The current Governing Body consists of:-
Mrs D Hayes ( Chair) Local Authority Term of office 18/5/2019 - 19/5/2022
Mr I Bates (Vice Chair) Co-opted Term of office 30/11/2018 - 1/12/2021
Parent Governor Vacant
Mr A Greensmith Parent Governor Term of office 16/10/2017 -15/10/2021
Mrs C Mackinder Head teacher Term of office 1/9/2012 - on-going
Mr C Hebdon Associate Member Term of office 15/5/2017 - 16/5/2021
Mrs S Wendon Foundation Term of office 29/4/2008 - on-going
Associate Member Term of office
Miss A Davis Staff Governor Term of office 1/9/2020 - 2/9/23
The Clerk to the Governing Body
Area Education Office
Mrs D Hayes is currently an Associate Governor at St Anne's Worksop
All governors sit on all committees.
We have two dedicated finance governors Mr I Bates & Mr A Greensmith who attend budget meetings with the head teacher and local authority finance officer.
In the event of a complaint or discipline where an appeals panel may be required, governors will be nominated.
Associate members do not have voting rights, however their opinions are greatly valued.
Some telephone numbers you may find useful: -
County Hall: 0115 9823823
Area Education Office: 01623 433433
Police Contact: 01909 500999
Bassetlaw District Hospital: 01909 500990
The Elizabethan Academy School: 01777 713700